We’ve seen a lot of situations like the smartphone being lost or stolen. In these situations, the biggest difficulty is that we lose our data. At the same time, we also worry that other persons can use our data. However, there is a way through which you can save your data from misuse of the phone after it is lost or stolen. Here we are going to tell you how to lock your device even it was stolen for different devices like Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows
How to Lock Android SmartPhone
- For this, you have to first open a browser on another phone or computer. Here you will need to type https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone-guide. Then click OK.
- Here you have to enter your Google Account which you are using on your phone. Enter account details and login.
- After you log in, you will see a list of all the smartphones in which your Gmail account will be logged.
- From this list, you have to choose the smartphone which has forgotten the lock password.
- Here you will get the option of Lock Your Phone Click on it. You have to enter a new password or pin here.
- It will lock your phone wherever it is, and no other person will be able to open it.
- From here you can sign out yourself from the phone. You can also erase the phone’s data.
- However, for this method, your phone must have internet facility.
: Users should note that all their data has been backed up in Google Drive or elsewhere. It is important to save all important data somewhere other than smartphones.
We all save our important data on smartphones. We believe that our data in the smartphone is extremely secure, while in many cases it may be harmful to maintain data in the phone. One of these situations is the phone lost. The most risk in the case of a smartphone being stolen or lost is that there is no wrong use of personal data in your phone. However, users can track lost or stolen phone’s location.
How to Lock iOS SmartPhone
There is a built-in anti-theft app available in iOS Devices. Its name is Find my iPhone. It works with your iCloud account. You have to go to icloud.com. From here you can send a message to your phone. You can also lock the phone. Apart from this, you can delete the entire phone. However, it is mandatory to use location services in the phone to use it. On the other hand, if you do not want to use this feature then you can also use the third party app. These include apps like Secureit or iLostfinder. However, these are paid apps.
How to Lock Blackberry SmartPhone
Blackberry Protect is an Antitheat Solution that works with your Blackberry account. Through this, you can track your lost or stolen phone. You can also lock and disassemble as well. One advantage of this is that the service automatically backs up your contacts and other data. Through this service you can manage up to 7 BlackBerry devices simultaneously.
How to Lock Windows Device
Windows Phone also has its own separate tracking option. This allows users to view the location of their phones. For this, it is necessary to sign in by using the window live id on their device. To sign in, go to account.microsoft.com/devices. After this, login the window live id. Enter the same ID which you use in your phone. After this you can see the phone’s location. Also, ringing or locking on the phone can work as well. Apart from this, it can also be done in the phone that they save your device location details after a few hours.